(urth) Like a good Neigbor

Gerry Quinn gerry at bindweed.com
Mon Nov 21 04:56:48 PST 2011

From: Lee Berman

> There should not be any debate. It simply isn't very hard to see. The chapter
> title, the text formatting, the dialog; they all make it as clear as you could
> hope to get from Wolfe. Horn died in the pit.

I think that view is untenable, and I support my contention with events described in the text, not chapter titles and formatting.

> I fear we are seeing a self-destructive side of Marc which is painful to watch.
> He is devoting so much time and effort and emotion into changing the minds of
> people who are 1. genetically programmed to never admit changing their mind and
> 2. devoted heart and soul to ridding this board of posters like Marc.
>
> Gawd, its like smoking crack. You know it will never bring satisfaction but you
> keep going back one more time and one more time thinking this time maybe it will
> work. Crack is not your friend Marc. Crack is your enemy and you should be willing
> to recognize friend from foe. Don't feed those who seek your destruction. ;- )

If I were Marc, I should be far less offended by those who honestly disagree with his theories [which indeed to many of us are seriously out to lunch, and we honestly say so] than by your apparent belief that he can be manipulated into becoming a proxy warrior for your attempts to render this list a comfortable environment for torrents of un-thought out drivel.

I have noted also your recent attempts to get Marc to change his theory so it becomes vague, ambiguous, meaningless, and therefore hard to falsify.  If you were honest, you’d instead have told him what you think is right about it and what you think is wrong with it.

- Gerry Quinn