(urth) Babbiehorn?: Was: a sincere question mostly for roy

James Wynn crushtv at gmail.com
Thu Nov 17 16:21:43 PST 2011

>>  James Wynn wrote:
>> The question (maybe) you are posing is..."why is Silk the phallus?"
>> That is, why was Silk chosen to supplement what was still missing
>> after Pas's resurrection?
>
> David Stockhoff wrote:
> Well, why Silk, AND why the phallus?

Well, um, you know it's not a literal phallus, right? It was Osiris that
was pieced together except his junk. You asked how many parts and, I
just looked it up-- it was 14. The phallus was the missing 14th part.
She made phallus for him out of gold.

Why do I say Silk was the phallus? Because his contribution is added
well after Pas's resurrection. Pas is busy blasting Echidna and chasing
Hierax and Scylla all over tarnation. Presumably he has enough to be
powerful, but maybe not enough to be stable. So...recognizing the story
of Osiris here, it looks to me that Silk is the 14th part. Additionally,
when Silk is pondering something, he draws little circles on his cheek.
I have notes from my first reading in which I wrote "Circles...gold?"
(The alchemical symbol for gold is a circle.)

Another potential connection for Oreb being possessed by Pas? After Isis
found Osiris's body the first time, she hid it in the marshlands.
There's some insight into the way I read Wolfe.

>> And THAT question is IMO among the strongest hints that Silk is a
>> clone of Typhon. I don't like that. I want Silk to be the son of
>> Typhon. But there it is.
>
> What was taken from Silk? Seems like there was a "small piece" in
> Jaculu, and who knows what from Sand. If Silk had to be scanned, that
> suggests he provided a bigger piece. That's significant.

I think so. As Kypris-in-Chenille explained it, a human brain can hold
only a small portion of a Mainframe god. A creature with a smaller
brain, even less. So in order for enough of Pas to resurrect on the
Mainframe you have to gather enough parts. The most logical explanation
for me, as I said (and I really hate this), is that Silk is a clone of
Typhon. They the gathering all the basic brain and personality patterns
directly from a source.

Since I believe that chem personalities are made from mindwiped scans of
actual people, I'm going to posit that Sand is made from a scan of
Typhon. And that that is why Silk had a disjointed epiphany that he and
Sand were in some way brothers.