(urth) Babbiehorn?: Was: a sincere question mostly for roy

entonio at gmail.com entonio at gmail.com
Thu Nov 17 16:01:20 PST 2011

No dia 2011/11/17, às 23:11, James Wynn <crushtv at gmail.com> escreveu:

>>> So why would PIKE be wearing Pike's callotte? Pike is a ghost. He
>>> doesn't need head covering. I don't see the significance of the
>>> ghost
>>> wearing Pike's callotte. ANYONE who broke into Pike's room might
>>> have
>>> been caught wearing it.
>>
>> So your answer as to why is the Rajan wearing Pike's calotte is that
>> it's of no significance, that everyone who enters that room puts it
>> on?
>
> PM, António Marques wrote:
> The reason he is there is because he knows he is supposed to be
> there. And for all I know, it's a little Time-travel reminiscing. If
> you had the ability to travel in Time whenever you slept, wouldn't
> you be likely to revisit your old home and watch yourself playing as
> a kid? If you saw a hat that played a role in a key turning point in
> your life, are you saying you wouldn't put it on? There are any
> number of reason why the Rajan would be in Pike's room and why he
> would try on that fated callotte when he encountered it.  It's a
> demand for justification of something that doesn't require
> justification.

That looks to me a lot like the kind of thing y'all accuse Gerry of
doing - saying that something which is actually there when it needn't
needn't a special explanation. Something tells me that if your
confidence were absolute, you'd try to find a cool way in which the
cap actually strenghtened your case (for all I know, it may even
exist; in this whole episode I'm with those who think something
special happens, and a purposeless ghost doesn't cut it, unless the
whole thing is one of those tropes and we haven't identified the
source).