(urth) Babbiehorn?: Was: a sincere question mostly for roy

James Wynn crushtv at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 13:28:26 PST 2011

On 11/16/2011 3:11 PM, Dan'l Danehy-Oakes wrote:
> Not to be difficult, but. In the theory that the apparition of Pike is
> actually an astrally-travelling Narrator, when, precisely, is he
> supposed to have done this?

He could have done it at any time. It isn't reasonable that he recorded
everything. There is also aaaaall that time after they left for the Whorl.
And I think that is more likely. We know when Mucor did it. *When* the
Rajan did it exactly is not really important. This is a Wolfe novel.
There is no solid beginning, middle, or end. Remember how you got to the
end of "Peace" and said "What the..." and then you thought about it and
realized that a lot of your questions had already been answered? It's
like that.

Where did they go after the end of the story? We already know where they
went because we met them in The Book of the Long Sun.

Anyway, the presence of a "second" Oreb, means that the Rajan is there
nearby. And we *do* meet an "old man" (which is how people refer to him)
a short time later in Pike's room.