(urth) (no subject)

Lee Berman severiansola at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 9 12:32:27 PST 2011

>Marc Aramini: Sometimes when Roy posts I feel like Michael Douglas in "Falling Down".
>"When did I become the bad guy?"

Heh. Good movie! I don't see this in terms of good and evil, though. More like a
predator-prey relationship. Those with an abundance of self-confidence will prey
on those who are more lacking in it. Has been that way since the early days of this list.

>David Stockhoff: I think Jeff spelled out one possible explanation, which is that Green
>is to Urth as Urth is to us. That is, back a cycle or two, Urth is our future---one
>possible future that we will probably not see---and back a cycle or two before that,
>Long/Short Sun is Urth's future---again, one possible future that Ushas may not see...

>It boggles my mind that anyone would want to tell a story this way, but Jeff's point is
>accurate---it excuses the disjointedness.

I appreciate Jeff's suggestion too though it also boggles my mind to comprehend what it
going on there, not to mention what point Wolfe might have been trying to make with that.

My alternate (to Marc's straight identity idea) explanation for "Green is Urth!" and the
resonance of Green structures to Urth structures has to do with spiritual progression.

Ushas is a spiritually advanced progression from Urth. Blue is a more spiritually advanced
than Green. Antediluvian Earth is more spirtually advanced than pre-diluvian Earth which
was roamed by nephilim and demons and whatever other Biblical horrors Noah's Flood washed away.

Thus "GREEN is Urth!" (I think that is the most accurate representation of the quote).

Green not Blue. Blue is more like Ushas. So much focus is on the similar structures found on
Green and Urth in this discussion. Ignored are the similarity of ruins found under the waters of
both Blue and Ushas.