(urth) vanished people=Hieros

Gerry Quinn gerry at bindweed.com
Mon Nov 7 08:07:39 PST 2011

> From: Marc Aramini
      > Gerry Quinn wrote:
        Surely Severian is clearly indicating that it is NOT Lune?   It looks like it, but it’s a different colour.  (I don’t think it’s a moon at all.)
      > I fancied it was old school original white moon (if something as absurd as a
      > white moon around Urth could be imagined!) Some time fluctuation once
      > again.  At the time of Apu-punchau the moon should be white, assuredly.

      But hardly “the most brilliant white”!

      I don’t get why you think it’s a moon at all, as distinct from a portal out of Yesod.  [Severian later ruminates on whether the White Fountain may be a similar portal, or even the same one.]

      - Gerry Quinn