(urth) This week in Google alerts

Lee Berman severiansola at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 5 08:25:26 PDT 2011

>Marc Aramini: Well, Lee, our primary difference as far as the importance of

>dionysius is that I think it directly relates to the text and that Jesus/The

>Outsider were fully present in the past of the Sun as a conglomerate of the

>Conciliator mythos (like the Theseus/Minotaur myth appeared to syncretise with

>later events in history). dionysius is synonymous with the future salvation/existence

>of man. The importance of the wood deity is that it is ultimately the future of mankind:

>existence as the Green man, his salvation and only hope of life after the new sun comes,

>when life is engendered in a brush that will then run up a tree.

Well explained, Marc. I think you might be overestimating our differences on this

issue but that is understandable. There has been much debate on whether there is/

has been a Christ in Briah and I've come out on the side of thinking no.

What the debate may have obscured (though it is a point I do make on occasion) is that

I DO think Briah is being prepared for a Christ yet to come. Wolfe mentions the

occasional Abaia or Juripari or other outlying mythological character. But most of the

focus of his mythological references are (as you point out) the direct precursors to

Christianity and Christ, Greek, Roman and Persian mythology were surely more important

to laying the spadework for the coming of Christ than, say, Shinto.

So I agree with you about everything but time frame. And I'm not sure it is such a crucial

point whether Christ has appeared and been forgotten and must reappear in Briah or whether

they are still waiting for his first appearance.

In my view, Urth is a spiritually retarded Earth. Or, if we consider our own gnostic period

on earth to be our "teen years", perhaps we can think that Urth (and the Whorl and Green/Blue)

had a prolonged adolescence and are finally ready to grow up by the end of UotNS (and RttW).

>Antonio Pedro Marques:But Marc, what are you saying after all? Is Green Urth's future or its
>past? NB GW said Urth is Green, not that Green is Urth. Could the
>Whorl have reached the past, not the future? Also, you seem to say
>Green is Urth's redemption, but the Green we know is Evil.

Perhaps Antonio is onto something. Perhaps debating whether a timeless being like Christ is in

Urth's past and/or future is meant to be presented as a meaningless debate by Wolfe.