(urth) Pike's ghost

Lee Berman severiansola at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 30 10:32:48 PST 2011

>Antonio Pedro Marques: If you think the archives are full of theories
>challenged because they have simpler alternatives, I think perhaps you
>might reread them. They are challenged because they have problems, and
>the only way to go forward is to address those problems.

Is Antonio implying that some theories are problem-free and therefore go
unchallenged? I'd be interested in see a list of such theories (though I
suspect it would end up being a very short and boring list).

Conversely, since virtually all theories are challenged, does that lead
to the conclusion that all theories have problems and ought to be abandoned?

I see no mechanism for "going forward" in Antonio's guidelines for the
proper way of conducting business here. But perhaps I misunderstand him.

>David Stockhoff: You certainly don't need to argue with Gerry through me.

Well, if that is a problem I can try to avoid that in the future. But since
I am using writing to participate in this forum, I think it is more interesting
to use literary devices at times, rather than try to maintain the illusion
that the bunch of us knuckleheads are actually in a room together, conversing
directly through speech. Keeps things here in the proper perspective of being
entertainment rather than real world interactions.