(urth) Pike's ghost

James Wynn crushtv at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 11:11:31 PST 2011

On 11/29/2011 1:03 PM, James Wynn wrote:
> As for being polite, I'd say it another way. Remember that we're
> talking about literature here. Horn's fate does not rest on our
> conclusion. You don't need to be overtly rude to be annoying. You
> don't need to call people names to make people want to call you names.

Also: Not everyone's interpretation is going to be useful to you. If you
know in advance that there is no way you are going to be convinced by
it, consider deeply whether it is worth yours or the other person's time
to discuss it. If you do it anyway, be sure you can tell yourself why
and make sure it is a *nice* reason.