(urth) chenille

Marc Aramini marcaramini at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 26 13:40:25 PST 2011

Short Sun is so ambiguous, it is disconcerting at times, but I do think he waffles back and forth on the ring a time or two, but at one point he does claim it is Seawrack's ring.  That waffling makes definitive interpretation very very difficult.  I still think it's a good argument that Chenille was freed, but of course, like everything in Wolfe, it's complicated by the narrator's incompetence in identification.