(urth) chenille

Sergei SOLOVIEV soloviev at irit.fr
Sat Nov 26 13:24:13 PST 2011

In the middle of ch.9 of RttW the narrator writes: "I see I have
confused the rings.
The one I am wearing is not the one Sewrack gave me, although it
resembles it closely.
This is Oreb's ring. It seems the stone changes color when it is worn;
it was originally
much darker, surely."

Of course you may dismiss it as many other things, saying that
"Silkhorn" just doesnt't
want to recognize that it is the same ring.

But to me it is opening another line of thinking that seems to me more
interesting:
what are these rings? What properties do they have?

I remember also (but I could not find yet) the place where some of "big
women"
in Dorp complains "I am so weak, mysire" (probably it was she who was
attacked in the alley
by Jahlee).

Sergei