(urth) questions arising from Babbiehorn

Larry Miller decanus1284 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 17 08:48:15 PST 2011

Thanks James.  Back when I thought Blue was Urth I thought maybe it
was the ruins of the Botanic Gardens and that the island was the
floating plantlife that was inside before its destruction.  I remember
on my reread being struck by Horns description of the glass and the
similarities with the gem that housed the claw.  I also thought that
the spiderlike figure placing something on Horns forehead was Severian
resurrecting him with the claw.