(urth) Babbiehorn?: Was: a sincere question mostly for roy

Gerry Quinn gerry at bindweed.com
Thu Nov 17 07:46:48 PST 2011

From: James Wynn
> It is inconceivable that Silk, who has
> performed dozens  if not hundreds of sacrifices by this time, would not
> know the difference between a dead bird and a fainted one or a faking
> one. Oreb was possessed (most likely) by Pas.

I suppose it would make sense that someone possessed by a dead god would appear dead.  Assuming a dead god can get the motivation together to do the possession.

> I think you are right though, David, that Gerry's elaborate theories
> designed with the primary purpose to keep out answers he didn't think of
> or derived from allusions he doesn't already know make it unfruitful for
> him to collaborate with those that view the stories differently.

I don’t see anything elaborate about the theory that Mucor is tracking Silk – in fact it’s made pretty clear from subsequent events in the text.  Your theory involves a 43 year old one-eyed time travelling Silk who looks exactly like a 70+ year old Pike and wears his hat.  You don’t think that’s elaborate?

- Gerry Quinn