(urth) Babbiehorn?: Was: a sincere question mostly for roy

James Wynn crushtv at gmail.com
Thu Nov 17 06:57:42 PST 2011

>> *From:* David Stockhoff <mailto:dstockhoff at verizon.net>
>> > That's impossible because Oreb does not lie. Wolfe is faithful to
>> > character above all else.
>>
>> Gerry Quinn wrote:
>> Oreb can certainly deceive, as he did when he played dead when he was
>> due to be sacrificed. If he can do that, he can surely lie if he wants.
>
> David Stockhoff wrote:
> He doesn't want. That's the point of having consistent
> characters---Oreb only deceives to save his own life. I hope you see
> the difference. If you think he lied to Silk then you must explain
> what he was hiding that was such a threat to him that he feared death.

Oreb didn't deceive at that time. It is inconceivable that Silk, who has
performed dozens if not hundreds of sacrifices by this time, would not
know the difference between a dead bird and a fainted one or a faking
one. Oreb was possessed (most likely) by Pas.

I think you are right though, David, that Gerry's elaborate theories
designed with the primary purpose to keep out answers he didn't think of
or derived from allusions he doesn't already know make it unfruitful for
him to collaborate with those that view the stories differently.