(urth) vanished people=Hieros

Gerry Quinn gerry at bindweed.com
Thu Nov 10 13:44:14 PST 2011

From: entonio at gmail.com

> > 1)  The strange figure walking like a bird.  Have a look at the
> > Apollo Astronauts moving on the moon.  Rather than walk, they
> > perform a series of brief jumps.
>
> > 2)  The Narrator of In Green's Jungles mentions how climbing some
> > heights was expected despite their height.

> But that ties better with Venus having a little less gravity than
> Earth, rather than necessarily Mars. Mars's difference is so big I
> don't think people could withstand it prolongedly with no problem.
I guess we could cope with less gravity than we’re used to, and any decent amount of gravity would probably be enough to prevent the more serious medical issues associated with weightlessness.
But we’d *notice* a change.  It’s not just our own weight – arrows would fly differently (and there are hunters on Green).  Objects would fall differently.  If you ever played ball games you couldn’t miss it.
- Gerry Wuinn