(urth) vanished people=Hieros

Dan'l Danehy-Oakes danldo at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 11:42:40 PST 2011

Marc Aramini wrote:
> Sure, resonance, but to me, a personal friend of Wolfe, for Green not to really be Urth, Gene had to be making a terrible joke on Christmas to a fan who pretty much worships him.

I have no problem with this. The only question it leaves open, which
Wolfe's note doesn't help with, is in what _sense_ "Green is Urth." I
suppose the electrical joke is possible, but I would set it aside as a
bonus; he clearly means something about the text.

One possibility: "Green is what Urth will become if..."

--
Dan'l Danehy-Oakes