(urth) This week in Google alerts

Andrew Mason andrew.mason53 at googlemail.com
Mon Nov 7 13:59:58 PST 2011

Gerry Quinn wrote:
.  There?s another very interesting use of ?aspect?, though:
> ?Is it known that all the gods are Mainframe??  Sciathan awaited an explosion with some anxiety; when it did not cone, he added, ?Equally is Mainframe all gods.  Mainframe in its aspect of darkness, which in this tongue is termed Tartaros, issued my instructions.? [Exodus]

The interesting thing, I think, about both Kypris or Severian as
aspects of the Outsider, and Tartaros as aspect of Mainframe, is that
'aspect of X' clearly doesn't just mean a form which X assumes; they
are people with a real existence, a consciousness of their own, but
somehow forming part of a greater whole. I would guess the same is
true of Silk as aspect of Pas.