(urth) vanished people=Hieros

Marc Aramini marcaramini at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 6 18:50:19 PST 2011

--- On Sun, 11/6/11, Jeff Wilson <jwilson at clueland.com> wrote:

> From: Jeff Wilson <jwilson at clueland.com>
> Subject: Re: (urth) vanished people=Hieros
> Date: Sunday, November 6, 2011, 2:05 PM
> On 11/6/2011 12:55 PM, David
> Stockhoff wrote:
> > Then where did Blue go?
>
> I think the question is more, if Green is Urth, where did
> Blue come from? Perhaps Blue is Verthandi, made over by the
> Hieros before their departure.
>
> I'm actually a bit encouraged by this "Green is Urth"
> assertion, it prevents the Yesodis from being liars about
> there being no intelligent aliens in Briah, and supports my
> guilty-pleasure, "Planet of the Apes" trajectory for the
> Whorl hypothesis. It also ties all of the ancient myth-memes
> to the events of the story with in-continuity causality in
> addition to any thematic links which are contentious for
> some.

Another thing I wanted to comment on is the scene in Urth where Sev looks up and Apheta is peering at him from Green.  I really need to take notes like I did for Short Sun for Urth of the New sun next time (I cross referenced every mention of tree, wind, chimney, etc for short sun back in 2001 or so)  Still not happy with the explanation for wind in the chimney.

I'm sure there's SOME cosmological hint there I simply have not been equipped to handle; I never paid enough attention to the hierogrammates and their tools.