(urth) vanished people=Hieros

James Wynn crushtv at gmail.com
Sun Nov 6 17:56:05 PST 2011

> Jeff Wilson wrote:
> I think the question is more, if Green is Urth, where did Blue come
> from? Perhaps Blue is Verthandi, made over by the Hieros before their
> departure.

Don Dogget first pointed out the references between Edgar Rice
Burroughs' "John Carter of Mars" series and the Short Sun books--
including the Rajan's dream traveling and the multi-limbed Martians.
Additionally, the references to Lan Wright's "The Last Hope of the
Earth" (aka "The Creeping Shroud") are quite remarkable. Hyacinths,
floating islands, generation star ships, and (oh yeah) the colonization
of Mars.