(urth) do the Hierogrammates *care* about the megatherians?

James Wynn crushtv at gmail.com
Mon May 23 15:05:56 PDT 2011

> James Wynn wrote:
>> Why do you not say that this is the story of Mowgli with a few details
>> of Romulus thrown in? The name "Mowgli" actually _means_ 'frog', and
>> there are at least as many parallels as with Romulus.
>
> António Pedro Marques:
> So tell us about them. Erase the names and colours, and enumerate the
> similarities that are left. How Frog's deeds parallel those of Mowgli.

Erase the names and colors?
Shall I also leave out the names of Juno, Rhea Silvia, and Mars? And all
the "color" that is similar to the life of Romulus? Get real.

Expanding on Andrew's list:

The name 'Frog'
Found by animals in the forest
Adopted by wolves (Romulus was sucked by A SINGLE wolf)
An argument among the wolves regarding his adoption, in which the tiger takes part
The tiger (smilodon) as the threat to the child.
The black panther (Black Killer-- the word 'panther' is Greek for "all beasts of prey")
The Naked One (the Bare/bear) who plays the same role as Baloo
The Red Flower
A woodcutter is one of Frog's fathers

J.