(urth) do the Hierogrammates *care* about the megatherians?

Sergei SOLOVIEV soloviev at irit.fr
Mon May 23 09:47:45 PDT 2011

But we discuss also the method of Wolfe! And if you look at the stories
in the
Book of the New Sun, there is often (or always?) an old story "updated"
(or modified) by the passage of time! And it shows so beautifully the
depth of time behind - why always try
to find unique source? In the story of Student and his Son something
even was lost -
the explanation why the black sail provokes the suicide of the Student.
Jonas knew the original
story (with Athens, Minotaur etc.). In the story of Fish and Frog the
dialogues of
Wolves are taken from Jungle's book, while the story itself is
essentially the
story of Romulus and Remus. Why to try to equate as much as possible, when
the diversity is part of the method?

Best

Sergei