(urth) the prime calcula/his citadel and other quotes

António Pedro Marques entonio at gmail.com
Thu Jan 20 11:34:13 PST 2011

Marc Aramini wrote (20-01-2011 19:02):

> Let's be honest though everything with family is all f-ed up beyond
> belief in Long Sun.

Correct.

> on page 353 of Litany Maytera MINT says Chenille is her older sister.
>
> "I must be fifteen years older than you are.  More, perhaps - ... and
> yet I feel that- perhaps it's only because you're so much taller ...
> that you're really my older sister."

I think it's a common idiom. 'I feel (...) that you're really my older
sister' doesn't mean Mint thinks Chenille is her sister, but simply that
Chenille evokes in Mint the same feelings an older sister would. People do
speak that way.

It *could* be a hint that Chenille is her sister, of course, if it lead to
somewhere or something led to it (I'm not saying it doesn't).