(urth) the prime calcula/his citadel and other quotes

Marc Aramini marcaramini at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 19 07:44:43 PST 2011

--- On Tue, 1/18/11, Gerry Quinn <gerryq at indigo.ie> wrote:

> But why do you think Kypris is showing this as a symbol of
> succession from father to son?  And why doesn't she say
> anything of the kind?
>
> - Gerry Quinn

Well, to me Kypris definitely takes an interest in Silk, and he definitely seems to be more aligned with the vanished Pas than, say, Echidna or Scylla, in their reactions to him.  Whether they are aware of who Silk is, I think Kypris actually is aware of it, but her love is always sexual in some way shape or form, and it is this conflicting desire between sex and mothership and prevents her from being honest, but DOES show him as the next Pas, someone to replace her vanished lover.  (for what its worth, I don't think cloning is going on, and if it is, Silk is more certainly a clone of the son rather than simply a clone of Typhon) so yes, I assume the image she shows is somewhat altered to show Silk as Pas, an image of himself succeeding the old god, and the text saying the monarch wanted a son to succeed him resonates with that image, as does calling Kypris mother.

(But for all her love she is still overtly sexual, and as the lover of the primary god it can't be helped)  But, even though I think it is MORE important to draw the connection between Kypris and Silk, please keep in mind Mamelta's first words when awakened, "We will be lovers."  That is not a coincidence.