(urth) the prime calcula/his citadel and other quotes

Lee Berman severiansola at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 18 15:00:52 PST 2011

>Gerry Quinn: If you are going to call me a liar, there is no need for a
>preamble telling me that you will take my word.

Sorry Gerry, I should have used better words choice that couldn't be taken as
an accusation of lying. My position is that there are subconscious motivations
underneath all the supposedly civilized pursuits of modern humanity. One can't
lie about what one is unaware of.

>Probably I should be more forthcoming in praising ideas that seem good to me.

Ah, well, maybe, if you want to encourage them. Or appear as a "good guy". Since
neither of these are your motivation I don't see any reason for you to change.

As you feel ideas need an inspector, so I feel the inspectors need inspecting.
If the inspector of the inspectors needs an inspector, I nominate Son O' Witz.

>Son O' Witz- Lee, you've been harping on Gerry for months, repeating your complaints
>ad nauseum.PLEASE move on already. Ignore Gerry's comments if you don't like them,

Well, its been tried but people are who they are. Gerry and I, like most antagonists,
share a lot more in common than we might like to admit. In this case, I think Gerry
and I share a certain code of honor, which is that all posts directed specifically to
us should be responded to.

The current salvo evolved from Gerry's assertion that mythic/religious mumbo-jumbo has
no place in solving the mysteries of a Wolfe book. I asked why he felt that way, he
answered that the sky was blue (a perfect metaphor for our differences on this rainy
day) and so it went.

>you seem insecure and whiney in your complaints..it's sooooooooooooooooo fucking boring,
>and it's making you look bad.

It's nice to be noticed for who I really am! Lord knows I am not some perfectly secure,
granite-jawed hero-type. I not only look bad, I really am pathetic. In here anyway. I have
other roles in other places. But let's face it, in here I truly suck. I'll try but I can't
promise to not be boring. I do promise to not be fake.