(urth) (no subject)

James Wynn crushtv at gmail.com
Tue Jan 18 12:15:34 PST 2011

> Jeff Wilson-
> It is both a horrible crime *and* a justifiable, necessary action,
> which is one reason for the schism and doublethink; if the defenders
> stop to consider if their tribe of fallible, corruptible people is
> worth preserving by burning alive the widows and orphans of the tribe
> who is also prone to gratuitous slaughter, they might hesitate too
> long or even disreagrd their orders entirely.

To put things in perspective, in order to take Berlin, the Soviets
pummeled the city with 5X the explosive force in rockets as Hiroshima.
And the conventional invasion of Okinawa resulted in the deaths of
almost 1/3 of the population (many from suicide or deliberate suicidal
charges). By comparison, the bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki were a mercy.

But your point, as I take it, was that they are all awful.

u+16b9