(urth) (no subject)

Jeff Wilson jwilson at io.com
Tue Jan 18 11:35:11 PST 2011

On 1/18/2011 11:01 AM, Lee Berman wrote:
> I am not religious and don't operate with a working definition of sin. Still I can recognize
> that perceptions vary based on history and culture. What many Americans consider a justifiable,
> even necessary action is considered one of the worst crimes ever against humanity by most of
> the rest of the world. Only in the last few years have I started to notice a recognition in the
> USA of what many in the rest of the world call "Hiroshima Day".

It is both a horrible crime *and* a justifiable, necessary action, which
is one reason for the schism and doublethink; if the defenders stop to
consider if their tribe of fallible, corruptible people is worth
preserving by burning alive the widows and orphans of the tribe who is
also prone to gratuitous slaughter, they might hesitate too long or even
disreagrd their orders entirely.

"No one truly obeys unless he will do the unthinkable in obedience; no
one will do the unthinkable save we." SWORD, XXXI

Even Joe Campbell said something like this at the Skywalker Ranch. ~"The
true horror of existence is that we must kill to live."

Jeff Wilson - jwilson at io.com
< http://www.tamut.edu/CIL >