(urth) some mysterious stuff in Long Sun

Andrew Mason andrew.mason53 at googlemail.com
Tue Jan 18 05:53:12 PST 2011

Marc Aramini wrote: >
> Lemur is a machine, his body is based off of something else, probably the Monarch, I would imagine, with his rich baritone.

Why can his body not simply be based off the body of bio Lemur? I
would take it that he was a bio when he first rose to power, so his
chem body, when substituted, would have to look similar.

The patients memories of their ruler, his family, and some of his
officials were too deeply entrenched ... they renamed them. ..."
> (501, Litany)
>
> Lemur here knows the motivations of the monarch, has this superpowerful body but is actually a moribund, possibly dead corpse, echoing the state of Pas, a god in the whorl but a memory without.

Does he know the motivations of the monarch? Could people easily be
made to forget their personal lives, but not the monarch and his
family? I would think that Typhon wanted to be a God, on the one hand
just to aggrandise himself, on the other to satsify people's religious
instincts - which would otherwise be directed towards the Outsider. I
see Lemur as missing the point. .