(urth) some mysterious stuff in Long Sun

Marc Aramini marcaramini at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 17 14:50:40 PST 2011

--- On Mon, 1/17/11, Andrew Mason <andrew.mason53 at googlemail.com> wrote:

> Could you expand on that? I was thinking something related.
> If we

Lemur is a machine, his body is based off of something else, probably the Monarch, I would imagine, with his rich baritone.  According to him, Silk is going to succeed the prolocuter, and he says

the whorl "was to be a message from himself to the universe.  You have seen some of the people he put on board" ... Silk nodded, then (CONSCIOUS OF CRANE) said, "Yes.  Her name is Mamelta" ... "The monarch's doctors tinkered with the minds of the men and women he put into the whorl ... but more skillfully, ERASING AS MUCH AS THEY DARED OF THEIR PATIENTS' PERSONAL LIVES."  ... "The patients memories of their ruler, his family, and some of his officials were too deeply entrenched ... they renamed them. ..."
(501, Litany)

Lemur here knows the motivations of the monarch, has this superpowerful body but is actually a moribund, possibly dead corpse, echoing the state of Pas, a god in the whorl but a memory without.

Lemur says ""you will explain to the people that Pas has withheld his rains out of consideration for me ... eventually they will come to understand that I am, as I am, a greater god than Pas."  503

It is not the old Calde Lemur bases himself upon, but Pas, the man turned machine god.