(urth) lameness

James Wynn crushtv at gmail.com
Mon Jan 17 03:43:56 PST 2011

>     James Wynn-
>     There was an interesting article entitled "Pan, Aristaeus,
>     Priapus" which for me confirms that Silk a clone of Typhon and
>     that Tussah was also a clone of Typhon. But I still say that Silk
>     was also the born of Kypris/Bird of the Woods, as impossible as
>     that seems.
>
> Mark Aramini-
> I tend to think of Silk as a son of Typhon, purely, purely, purely
> from a text based analysis in which Kypris is equated with the mother,
> EXCEPT for the idea that Typhon would want to preserve his own face,
> and Silk shows up at the very end with his face on Typhon, which would
> indicate at least that cloning is possible.  What is your idea of who
> and what Tick is?

I called this a confirmation not evidence. Obviously, it would fall
under the rubric of "Confirmation Bias". I agree --already from the
text-- that Silk is the son of Typhon. But I think the textual evidence
that he is a CLONE of Typhon is much stronger.

But the article I quoted implies why the name Pas was chosen as Typhon's
Whorl personality. Silk is built on Aristaeus and therefore
Typhon-on-the-Whorl was based on Pan. As both were names for the same
entity but different ancestries and acts.

u+16b9

u+16b9