(urth) Quetzal

António Pedro Marques entonio at gmail.com
Sun Jan 16 17:44:14 PST 2011

hammstu at sbcglobal.net wrote:
> How Quetzal got on the Whorl is certainly one of the big unanswered
> questions for me...but didn't someone suggest  that he wanted the Whorl
> to go to Green to be a food source for the Inhumi?? A fully stocked
> fridge ???

Yes, because it's the logical thing to think. But how solidary are the
inhumi with each other? How could he ever think the people would follow his
selection after he were exposed? (Remora is an odd case; a man apparently
unable to decide anything whatsoever by himself.) I guess what I'm asking
is: why did GW give Quetzal the opportunity to choose the lander's
destination, what did GW intend us to infer from that choice? (Not that
Quetzal was an inhumu, we knew that since forever.)

Or could Quetzal intend them for Green but not to be preyed upon? Could he
have had any other purpose?

Also, one of Quetzal's last victims was aware that he was a vampire (cf. the
scene at the Calde's palace). What could be the logic in that? Seeing at
though apprently for decades nobody else knew, and he didn't tell anyone either.