(urth) Dan'l! (was: Re: It's getting hard...)

Son of Witz Sonofwitz at butcherbaker.org
Fri Jan 7 11:29:36 PST 2011

On Jan 7, 2011, at 10:49 AM, Lee Berman <severiansola at hotmail.com> wrote:

>> When you say 'bounce ideas' do you just mean post ideas, no matter how wacky
>

>> Ryan Dunn: So if a passage about Agia hitting her head on the floor and it sounding like a hammer
> tapping stone...
>
> Hah! Excellent riff on the "bounce" metaphor Ryan!
>

>> Gerry Quinn:  That doesn't mean that there are not good ideas, questionable ideas, and ideas that are totally out
>> to lunch.  Don't we care which are which?
>
>> Son O' Witz: I certainly agree with that.
>
> Not me. Gerry used the example of an apparently insane theory which involved Daleks to make his point. The thing is,
> nobody here (currently) does anything like that. As an example, Ryan's observation regarding Agia's head comes straight
> from the text. Robots are found in the text. Ryan connects them in a way that makes sense to him. If it doesn't make
> sense to you, what does that prove? That Ryan is stupid or insane? That we need to take a vote?

Look, I understand there is no objective truth in fiction, and I like far out ideas.
I agree the Dalek example goes past what people do here.  I don't think Ryan's question is too wacky. No one really gets Agia.

BUT, if you're going to say Green is Lune, you are just wrong, the idea has been shown to hold no water.