(urth) interview questions

David Stockhoff dstockhoff at verizon.net
Fri Jan 7 09:37:54 PST 2011

On 1/7/2011 11:31 AM, Gerry Quinn wrote:
> Of course, in 5HoC, Wolfe has Marsch refer to the paleolithic pygmies
> known as the 'Good People' who, he says, are known to have survived in
> Ireland and Scandinavia until the end of the Eighteenth Century.
Since you are Irish, I bow to your knowledge of your native land. But
I'd love to see a link or two. I eat that stuff up, true or not.
> It's a theme he has used a lot.
> Here, Marsch is trying to explain the absence of abo fossils.  By my
> reading it is a wrong hypothesis.  Those who think the human/humanoid
> abos have lived on Sainte Anne for millenia could use it as support
> against the fossil argument.  If the humanoid abos are new, no
> explanation is needed for the absence of fossils.
I am not sure exactly what hypothesis you mean, but surely abos would
have to have been on St Anne quite a ways back to produce fossils. Human
time on Earth is measured in hundreds if not tens of chiliads, and as I
understand it we have more fossils of human precursors than actual
humans (as opposed to bones). Old wave or new, an Earth origin for
primate-evolved abos (post-Gondwanaland, as someone noted) would explain
the absence of fossils; it need not be a new origin.

Geologically speaking, fossilization may not take long, but there are
other factors. A longer record means more fossils might be present, but
they may only be exposed if they are old enough for mountains to shift
and expose them. Younger fossils might still be deeply buried.

Is there a hominid paleontologist in the house?

---
Virus Database (VPS): 110107-0, 01/07/2011
Tested on: 1/7/2011 12:37:55 PM