(urth) interview questions

Dan'l Danehy-Oakes danldo at gmail.com
Wed Jan 5 11:10:16 PST 2011

On Wed, Jan 5, 2011 at 11:02 AM, Jerry Friedman
<jerry_friedman at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I'm interested to see people taking "'A Story', by John V. Marsch" as a
> source of factual-in-the-fiction information.  I took the title to be a
> strong indication that it's maximally unreliable and that to the extent we
> get information from it, it's information about what Marsch believes or
> wants to believe or especially wants his fictitious readers (who are they?)
> to believe.  Or just what he thinks would be cool.

Well, the first question to ask when dealing with an unreliable
narrator is, "what are his motives in telling this story?" -- and I
have no idea of any motives for Marsch, or "Marsch"/VRT, to write "A
Story."

Some starting thoughts...

Q: Are we sure it was even written by Marsch or VRT?