(urth) interview questions

Jerry Friedman jerry_friedman at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 5 11:02:49 PST 2011

I'm interested to see people taking "'A Story', by John V. Marsch" as a source
of factual-in-the-fiction information.  I took the title to be a strong
indication that it's maximally unreliable and that to the extent we get
information from it, it's information about what Marsch believes or wants to
believe or especially wants his fictitious readers (who are they?) to believe.
Or just what he thinks would be cool.

Of course, this led me to the wrong conclusion (that there were never any abos
or Shadow Children), and when I learned I was wrong, it led me to think puzzling
over "'A Story'" would be too hard, so maybe that's why people aren't doing it.

Jerry Friedman