(urth) interview questions

Tony Ellis tonyellis69 at btopenworld.com
Mon Jan 3 11:25:27 PST 2011

Lee Berman wrote:
>>Tony Ellis: What we have is prima facie evidence that a known abo, VRT, was so
>>much worse at handwriting than everyone else that he was beaten for it
>>by his teachers.If, as you argue, Veil's Hypothesis was true, then
>>everyone would have had the same bad handwriting.

>That would only be true if it were impossible for abos to improve their tool-using
>skills with time.

Even if they could, it wouldn’t solve the problem. Why does VRT start
off so much worse than the other supposedly abo kids? Why does he
remain so?

>Anyway, can we really trust any of the stories of VRT? He is a being compelled by
>evolution to disguise his true identity at all costs.

I don’t understand. How is VRT disguising his identity as an abo by
telling a story about how he can’t perform a basic human skill and has
to fake it? Not to mention all the other times he tacitly admits to
being Annese in his writings.

>There is mention of an unexplained device of cruel hooks and clamps which always puzzled
>me in this story. In Long and Short of It, Borski suggests an interesting solution.  At
>one point, Marsch comments that his young companion is uncircumcised (suggesting that
>Marsch is). So, the device might be an an example of the extreme lengths VRT is willing
>to take to perfect his imitation of Dr. Marsch. (anyone have a better explanation for this
>device?)

With all due apologies to Robert Borski, I think even no explanation
is better than ‘it’s a circumciser’. Here’s what the device looks
like: ‘I imagine it in the open belly of a great dray horse, pushing
away the liver, thrusting down the small intestine, and cramping the
spleen to the spine while it gnaws at a diseased pancreas.’

A great. Dray. Horse. Any one of those organs is going to be as big,
or far bigger, than any human penis this side of mythology, and yet
this device is big enough to grapple all four of them *at once*. It’s
not a circumciser.