(urth) Sev's family tree

Jeff Wilson jwilson at io.com
Thu Jan 27 11:29:32 PST 2011

On 1/26/2011 3:15 PM, Lee Berman wrote:
 >> WItz
>> I think you are putting way too much into these imagined gender confusions and homosexual guesses..If they meant
>> anything, they would reverberate through the subtext. I'm sorry, but I do not detect a homsexual subtext.
>
> I think the vernacular term is "gaydar". Different people have different levels of it. How is yours?

I've never heard of real people's gaydar being particularly effective on
fictional characters.

> I think "bisexual" might be a better term. Didn't you ever wonder why Typhon had an erection in front of Severian

cos he's a decadent ruler with morning boner that won't quit and if his
personal habits repulse or frighten people into compliance that's all to
the good as far as he's concerned

 > and demanded tribute of both sexy males and females

he demands the best. it's not like it would be hard to find fugly women
and boys if he needed them for some reason.

 > and why Dorcas and Jolenta got it on

watch GLEE

> and why the green man's
> voice is so feminine or

in his post-scarcity future there's less pressure to compete for mates,
so sexual dimorphism is lessened

Jeff Wilson - jwilson at io.com
< http://www.tamut.edu/CIL >