(urth) Home Fires and Chelle ** SPOILERS **

Mr Thalassocrat thalassocrat08 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 25 16:53:34 PST 2011

On Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 9:28 AM, Jane Delawney <jane_delawney at sky.com>wrote:

>  On 25/01/11 22:27, Mr Thalassocrat wrote:
>
> On another tack, "Sea shell" is surely some kind of literary shadow-cousin
> to Seawrack. Not the same character, obviously, but both lost a left arm,
> both attached to older men.
>

> Seawrack lost her RIGHT arm, amputated just below the shoulder

Oops! You're right. Anyway, they've both lost an arm.

> by mysterious means (?some kind of sea-creature? an inhumi? her adoptive
> 'mother', trying to cling to her? what?).

Well, it's pretty clear that Babbie did it.

> Also I don't see where it is demonstrated that Seawrack is younger than
> Horn at the time they first meet, please correct me if you know.

Surely she was younger. Horn must be in his mid/late thirties at this point;
humans have only been on Blue for ~20 years. But I was thinking really of
Silk, the one she departs with in the end, for the age thing.

Anyway, to the extent it means anything at all, I think it has most to do
with contrasts between the two women and their situations.