(urth) Mystery of Ascia/Agia

Jordon Flato jordonflatourth at gmail.com
Fri Jan 21 09:47:25 PST 2011

The pronounciation of Ascia as uh-SKI-uh is a clear and prescient reference
to ikea, which has homoginized our culture to a point even communism has to
tip its hat too.  Once again Wolfe's genius is on full display.

On Jan 21, 2011 8:35 AM, "Jeff Wilson" <jwilson at io.com> wrote:

On 1/21/2011 9:03 AM, Son of Witz wrote:

> On Jan 20, 2011, at 11:35 PM, Jeff Wilson<jwilson at io.co...
I don't know about the maps, but back on the old GEnie network's Wolfe
discusstion area, Mantiss attested that the vocabulary was run past Wolfe
personally, whom corrected him on some and waved the rest on. The
corrections were on spelling and pronunciation rather than meaning, to make
sure he was researching the correct word and not a typo. IIRC, Wolfe
confirmed the non-silence of the G in "Gnab", but it was left to the GEnie
posters to clue in Mantiss that it was "Bang" writ backwards.

Jeff Wilson - jwilson at io.com

< http://www.tamut.edu/CIL >