(urth) lameness

Gerry Quinn gerryq at indigo.ie
Sun Jan 16 17:38:54 PST 2011

From: James Wynn
> While browsing a used bookstore yesterday, I happened upon
> "New Larousse Encyclopedia of Mythology" for which Graves
> wrote introduction.  There was an interesting article entitled
> "Pan, Aristaeus, Priapus" which for me confirms that Silk a
> clone of Typhon and that Tussah was also a clone of Typhon.

Making Tussah a liar about the "son not born of my body".  But aside from that, wouldn't at least one of the councillors (who knew Tussah and were lookoing for his son) have made some comment to the effect that he looked identical?  or wouldn't somnebody else who knew Tussah?

> But I still say that Silk was also the born of Kypris/Bird of the
> Woods, as impossible as that seems. But check out the bit
> about Max Muller:

So Typhon's favourite concubine was his mother?  No wonder Echidna was pissed.

I think I'll stick to the conventional approach in which the meaning of a book is found in that book and not some completely other book that says stuff that don't make sense in the context of the first one!

- Gerry Quinn