(urth) the prime calcula/his citadel and oreb

Andrew Mason andrew.mason53 at googlemail.com
Sun Jan 16 12:28:20 PST 2011

Roy C. Lackey wrote:

. At that
> point in the story he had seen Kypris twice, on Orchid's glass and at his
> manteion Window, so he knew the color of her hair. *But her hair color is
> never revealed.*

Thank you! I have been worrying about this for a while, but people -
on both sides of the debate - have been talking so confidently about
Kypris's dark hair that I thought I must have missed something.

I think this idea probably got off the ground because Kypris says that
Hyacinth, who undoubtedly has dark hair, reminds her of herself at
that age. But one could take the similarity to be a personality thing
rather than physical. And the Chenille reference, which I hadn't
spotted, certainly suggests that Kypris has red hair.