(urth) the prime calcula/ his citadel and oreb

Marc Aramini marcaramini at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 15 18:15:54 PST 2011

And as far as the Outsider endorsing the Plan of Pas, I really do feel that that first enlightenment of "clockwork" had a biological cause, but that of course Pas being mostly erased was not part of his original plan.  It just so happened that the "fire", or evil, that Silk detects may even taint his self-belief and drive him to that gondola contemplation of suicide.

'"I saw the evil in the whorl," Silk explained. "i thought I knew it, when I actually had no idea.  A few days ago, I began to see it clearly. ... What was worse was that instead of focusing on the evil in myself, as I should have, I gave my attention to the evil in others   ... Seeing only evil, I wanted with all my heart to reunite myself with the Outsider." (Epiphany 677)
What exactly is the evil he speaks of?

Here, Silk speaks of the little things that add up to evil in the Whorl, which seems to be something similar to "sweet young girls live to deceive you" - he says Marble was never Molybdinum, reveals Hy's duplicity, and by inference I think we can see the falseness of Kypris here, too.  That all love is duplicitous and two faced.  But here he realizes that false love will become incorporated into the Outsider over time, just as Marble's lies were to propagate.

"in the end it is only love that matters.  The Outsider once told me that though he's not Kypris, she cannot help becoming him.  The more she becomes a goddess of love in truth, the more they will unite - it was before we met in Ermine's by the goldfish pool."  (702)

So I think that perhaps the first enlightenment of Silk has a biological cause, but this subsequent vision of the Outsider is more genuine, and that it endorses the earlier planted plan of pas.

So yeah, I think that the Outsider endorsing Pas'plan is just the fact that the original enlightenment was a clockword program in Silk, geared at a certain time to explode and send him off into the world, but that eventually the true Outsider assimilated that dupicitous labor of love and endorsed Silk's Kypris and Pas appointed mission towards False Apotheosis.

And remember that Quetzal, Pas' head agent, wants the landers to go to Green.  Was he too serving Pas' plan or merely his own?