(urth) the prime calcula/ his citadel and oreb

Marc Aramini marcaramini at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 15 17:59:42 PST 2011

Roy, you are quite right, a few people in viron and elsewhere will have blue eyes.  But since we know Silk is a preloaded embryo, unless those people too are grown or woken sleepers, they can't be in the running for Silk's genetic mother.  So either we accept we don't meet her, or look to the people we do have.  That fact just serves to emphasize: blue eyes are rare, even as a recessive, in Viron, so we should pay attention to see if any that emerge could possibly be genetically related to Silk.

I think if it isn't either Kypris' original (offscreen) or Mamelta, then we just haven't met her. (fromt the text, which as much as says Kypris=Mamelta=Hyacinth=Chenille=Mother in dream sequences, the only way we can make all those true is through Kypris possession or in some manner being Kypris, and thankfully, Mamelta does have those blue eyes and dark hair that Kypris does.

If these embryos are just clones, then there is something that might be said about Mucor's identity, no?  I don't think of them as clones, but as original creations.  Mucor is associated with those lynxes, is there one of Pas' brood that has that assocation?

If kypris is Silk's mother ................

Wait for it ......

Then Oreb is his half-sister.  !!!!!!

(Does Tick have blue eyes? In catachrest speech does Tick make Silk or Auk or something else?)