(urth) Spiritual and Ecological Sucession

Adam Thornton adam at io.com
Tue Jan 11 12:34:58 PST 2011

On Jan 11, 2011, at 2:22 PM, Lee Berman wrote:

> Many have discussed the Megatherians on Urth as simply, "in the ocean". I find this to be
> a bit simplistic, along the lines of "God is in heaven". There is evidence that these
> great beasts can be found elsewhere. Beneath the man-ape cave,

I *told* you it was a Balrog!

Oh dear.

I don't think I was quite accurate in my portrayal of Fat Severian as Elvis.  What if in addition to *not skinny*, he is *not tall*?  Like, *distinctly* not tall?  And all the exultant stuff?  Just fantasy.

"There and Back Again" would be a perfectly good title for _BotNS_.  Hey, this is a great theory!  It needs more Daleks, though.

Adam