(urth) Thea and Thecla

Jeff Wilson jwilson at io.com
Sun Jan 9 10:00:39 PST 2011

On 1/9/2011 11:31 AM, Jordon Flato wrote:
> but we never meet that Severian...the one raised in the tower, and
> before Thecla's memories...we only ever hear from autarch Severian
> writing it all down.   Sometimes he tries to mask what he knows to
> simulate his old ignorance, but it doesn.t always work.

I'm not sure it's never, since we've identified passages when Thecla and
the old Autarch take over the first person for a moment. It's possible
that un-mixed Severian bobs up in the soup on occasion. I''ll see if I
can locate where Severian not only reflects on but acts because of
"common observation" , pre-nosh.

Jeff Wilson - jwilson at io.com
< http://www.tamut.edu/CIL >