(urth) Thea and Thecla

Jordon Flato jordonflatourth at gmail.com
Sun Jan 9 09:31:32 PST 2011

but we never meet that Severian...the one raised in the tower, and before
Thecla's memories...we only ever hear from autarch Severian writing it all
down.   Sometimes he tries to mask what he knows to simulate his old
ignorance, but it doesn.t always work.

On Jan 8, 2011 12:14 PM, "Jeff Wilson" <jwilson at io.com> wrote:

On 1/8/2011 1:49 PM, Lee Berman wrote:

>> Jeff Wilson:  Whos there - the Katharine maid can't ha...
In other words, a completely different woman than the one named was
strangled?

> (FWIW, some detect a hint of homoeroticism in Severian's perception of
Agilus. For me it is part...
Catamites have been popular subjects of excruciations over the ages, Master
Malrubius probably mentioned them during school. It's the odd bits of common
observation that Severian seems to know despite being raised in the tower,
even before he gets Thecla's memories, that puzzle me.

Jeff Wilson - jwilson at io.com
< http://www.tamut.edu/CIL >

Subs...