(urth) Threadtiquette

António Pedro Marques entonio at gmail.com
Fri Jan 7 04:50:18 PST 2011

Ryan Dunn wrote (07-01-2011 05:59):
> On Jan 6, 2011, at 6:18 PM, António Pedro Marques<entonio at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> David Stockhoff wrote:
>>> That may well be, but I have 2 settings on Thunderbird: Above and
>>> Below.
>>
>> What is it that may well be?
>
> I realize this is ironic, but this last post is the perfect example of
> something Antonio could have asked Dave offline, no need to ask this
> question to the list.

How come? David said something which nobody understood, though apparently
pertaining to the discussion (and the reason nobody understood it seems to
be, precisely, the missing context, unless there was no context at all and
he was being facetious).

> A lot of the clutter is from posts like this.

You may argue that the whole thread is off-topic, but it came about
naturally and it has relevance to how matters are conducted within the list.