(urth) Reptiles [was Re: (no subject)]

Jerry Friedman jerry_friedman at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 6 18:57:29 PST 2011

From: Lee Berman <severiansola at hotmail.com>

>And again I'd like to make the comparison to Inhumi. First we think they are
>just
>vampires. A variation of a human being. Then we find they are scaly, clawed and
>reptilian in nature. But then, the big revelation at the end of RttW..they have
>external fertilization. So they are more primitive than reptiles. (maybe fish
>even? heh@ Fomalhaut= Inhumi's Mouth).

I'm not going to try to check whether I've said this when you made similar
statements--I'm just going to point out that it's not the inhumi's nature that's
reptilian; it's their appearance.  They're nothing like Earth reptiles in their
behavior.  And I see no discrepancy between reptilian appearance and external
fertilization.  I see no reason evolution on Blue-Green should have gone the
same way it did on Earth, no reason we have to adjust our ideas about them when
we learn about their fertilization or even if they have some mysterious
essential link to trees and vines.

Jerry Friedman