(urth) interview questions

DAVID STOCKHOFF dstockhoff at verizon.net
Thu Jan 6 11:58:52 PST 2011

Yes, exactly.

--- On Thu, 1/6/11, Lee Berman <severiansola at hotmail.com> wrote:

From: Lee Berman <severiansola at hotmail.com>
Subject: (urth) interview questions
To: urth at lists.urth.net
Date: Thursday, January 6, 2011, 8:32 AM

>Maybe VRT was doing his best to play anthropologist

>David Stockhoff: This explanation strikes me as an economical one. Also, remember that we
>become that which we pretend to be.

David, do you mean it would be more accurate to say VRT was doing his best to BE an
anthropologist? If so, I certainly understand your drift in the greater theme of things.

I'd still consider the issue of perspective. VRT is genetically disposed to erase his memories
of being an abo (and perhaps earlier a Shadow Child and earlier a Shadow) to perfect his imitation
and BE an anthropogist. Only we, as omniscient (hah!) readers can realize that he is playing the
role of someone else.

(I find characterizing the original form as a "shadow" useful. Shadows are dark, imitative and
indeterminate in size, shape and number).