(urth) Atlantis and Gondwanaland

Tony Ellis tonyellis69 at btopenworld.com
Tue Jan 4 12:00:02 PST 2011

Gerry Quinn wrote:
> Fair enough point about the source of the names.  But they do refer to the
> passers-by as their brothers.  Aliens *might* say that of humans, but it
> would be a bit insulting to Sandwalker ;-)
>
> They also say "It is a long time since we took a Shadowfriend from among the
> native population."

They also say "'we are taller than you, and stronger. And wrapped in
terrible glory... our glance withers, and we sing death to our
enemies."

None of this is true. The reality, as Sandwalker muses, is that they
are bent and weak and ill-looking, and run from men.

The Shadow Children are crackheaded fantasists. They like to *think*
they are the humans. Later it is the Old Wise One himself who rebuts
this.

My reading is that it would be quite natural for a race of telepathic,
emphatic shapechangers to mistakenly believe that they are the thing
they have tried to imitate.