(urth) Are the Neighbors REALLY the Neighbors?

James Wynn crushtv at gmail.com
Tue Feb 15 13:01:18 PST 2011

> >Dan'l Danehy-Oakes-
> >Which also reminds me that Michelangelo famously depicted Moses with
> horns.
>
> Lee-
> Oh sheesh, I hadn't heard of that. I wonder if Wolfe made the horned connection to Moses
> (correct or not) with the possible Dionysian/Father Inire iteration Isangoma being associated
> with the Mosaic Mt. Nebo. Was a horned Moses a way of Michelangelo saying the jews have been made scapegoats? The origin of that term seems to have come from the goat-associated fallen angel Azazel.

I don' think so. It was a common misunderstanding based on (I think) St.
Jerome's translation. In fact, I believe there was a commonly held myth
is some places that all Jews has horns under their hats.

But there is (was) a theoretical association between that Mt. Sinai and
Dionysus' Mt. Nyssa. I don't know if that association was based on the
idea that they both had horns or if the associations arose independently
It would be very Wolfean if the histories of these ideas were
independent and then converged.

On 2/15/2011 1:47 PM, Dan'l Danehy-Oakes wrote:
> Suddenly I have a glimpse of an interpretive schema in which Typhon is
> actually the real hero of the Solar cycle...

My personal interpretive schema is that Typhon is the failed hero of the
pre-Red Sun Urth Cycle. I think "An Evil Guest" is  sort of an attempt
to tell that story.

u+16b9